Terms & Conditions
Definitions and Interpretation
|A business owned by Gonneke Hazell, trading as Quality Teach
|The party requesting Tuition. This is assumed to be the individual who initially contacts Quality Teach or the student unless otherwise stated.
|A period of time during which the Tutor promises to engage in Tuition for the Client, for which the Client promises to pay the Tutor.
|Amount charged for a Lesson made up of the Tuition Fee
|Any service supplied by a Tutor which has been requested by the Client.
|Amount charged for Tuition during a lesson
|The party offering Tuition for which payment is expected in return.
If you, the Client, request Tuition with a Tutor introduced to you by Quality Teach then you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions stated below:
A. Cancellation Policy
If your child can’t make the tuition, please inform us by emailing email@example.com and please inform your tutor directly over a text message or call. If we miss your child in the lesson and we haven’t heard from you, we will always contact you to confirm all is ok.
Students who receive 1-1 tuition
All our tuition is non-refundable. However, when your child receives 1-1 tuition and you must cancel a lesson, you are able to rearrange the lesson if you have given us notice at least 3 hours before the start of the lesson.
When a student/parent cancels their session at least 3 hours before the start of their session, they can reschedule this session with their tutor in the same calendar month.
The rearrangement for the lesson needs to be done in the current calendar month (so it stays part of the same payment month) and can be either directly arranged with the tutor or through Marcy or Gonneke by email/phone (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 01789 608208).
We will try to offer you 2 optional days/times for the rearrangement. If the rearrangements are not accepted or not responded to, you will unfortunately lose the lesson and will be charged as normal for the lesson.
Students who receive group tuition
Our group sessions are non-refundable as our group sessions will go on regardless of the number of students attending. However, please do inform us about absence so we are aware.
If the Tutor cancels an arranged Lesson (due to sickness or in advance due to other commitments) the Tutor will rearrange the missed Lesson to another day and time in agreement with the Student. If this is impossible the student will receive a full credit on the next invoice.
B. Late arrival
If the Student arrives at the Premises for any Tuition Session later than its scheduled start time, we will not extend the length of it beyond its scheduled finishing time due to consecutive bookings with other students, unless we are able to adjust.
The Tutor may treat a Tuition Session as cancelled if the Student arrives (or is not ready to start) more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time of the Tuition Session or if the Student does not attend at all. In this case the Client shall be obliged to pay the full Lesson’s fee with no option to rearrange the missed time.
C. Termination notice period
The Client’s agreement with Quality Teach is ongoing, running from September-July running for 44 weeks a year. Their tuition will be treated as finalised when they attend for the GCSE or A-level exam, until their last week prior to their exam. All other students are expected to attend the full school year.
We close for the Christmas holidays for 2 weeks and during the Summer holidays for 6 weeks when we only offer bespoke tuition for any student who is interested and our 11+ booster courses.
The Client is always entitled to terminate this agreement with a notice period of 31 days, in writing. Quality Teach is not obliged to refund any outstanding credit as the Client pays the tuition monthly and therefor the Client is kindly asked to finish the current month but the student isn’t obliged to attend the paid sessions.
After the initial meet up the parent will receive an email from us to set up and authorise direct debit payments to Quality Teach. A credit request will be sent monthly to the agreed email address. The Client will be charged monthly, for the amount stated on the credit request before the tuition take place. A one-off signing up fee will be invoiced, which is charged at £35.00.
During the period of this Agreement, any additional Tuition Sessions may be booked as extra hours which will be added to the next payment due. Any refunds will be taken off from the following payment.
E. Personal information Data Protection
In so far as administering, arranging, or providing Tuition Sessions involves Quality Teach in collecting, using, or holding or otherwise processing any data obtained from the Client which is personal data (including, but not limited to, the Student’s name and address), the Tuition centre shall only do so with the Client’s express consent and in accordance with any lawful instructions and the provisions of the Data Protection Legislation and the Client’s rights under that Data Protection Legislation and this Agreement.
The Tuition centre may use the Client’s personal information as follows:
– to administer or arrange Tuition Sessions for the Student and to offer or provide Tuition Sessions for the Student;
– to process your Tutorcruncher and Gocardless account for invoicing and payments purposes.
– for potential Track and Trace purposes related to COVID-19
– to keep you updated of our offers, changes and news related to our tuition centre by the e-mail address provided.
We do not work with any third parties.
F. Online tuition
The student should always be appropriately dressed for the online session. We prefer a school uniform but we appreciate this isn’t always convenient.
We prefer for the student to have the camera switched on during tuition, to make session more effective; being able to see the student engaging and see the students work, benefits the tuition tremendously.
An adult must be in the room with the child, when the tuition takes place. This is to support online safety but also to be able to speak to a parent when needed.
- Quality Teach reserves the right to request that a Tutor stops arranging Lessons with the Client at any time.
- The Client shall not engage the Tutor outside the tuition centre without the consent and knowledge of Quality Teach.
- In the interests of the Student’s and Tutor’s well-being, the Client must inform Quality Teach before he/she attends any Tuition Session of any medical or other condition affecting the Student which might be or become relevant in relation to that Tuition Session.
- Whilst the Tuition centre will use our best endeavours to ensure that the Student makes satisfactory progress, results will differ from student to student depending on various factors, including, without limitation, number and frequency of Tuition Sessions, homework adequately attempted or completed by the Student, and the Student’s aptitude. Satisfactory progress cannot be guaranteed, and Quality Teach makes no warranty or representation that any particular result will be brought about (including passing any examination) as a result of the Student taking part in any Tuition Session(s). In particular, carrying out homework assignments as advised by the Tutor is a prerequisite of making satisfactory progress.
- If the Client brings any personal belongings on to the Premises of Quality Teach, the Tuition centre does not undertake to keep them safe or provide any storage place for them. Their loss or damage will be at the Student’s own risk except where such loss or damage is due to any deliberate or negligent act by the Tutor or the Tuition centre. Quality Teach will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Client’s personal belongings caused by any other student, guest or visitor to the premises even where the Client leaves or stores them in any place at the premises that the Tutor suggest. Quality Teach therefore advise the Client not to bring any valuable belongings to the Premises.
- On request, the Client must disclose, to Quality Teach, details of each Lesson given by the Tutor.
- Please be aware that we monitor our tuition centre 24/7 with our camera’s. Only the owner of the centre, Gonneke Hazell, has access to the footage. In case of an incident we expect the parent or student to report this as soon as possible but at least within 30 days of the incident for us to be able to use the footage.
No consent required;We occasionally take photo’s in our centre for marketing purposes. The majority of images taken, are photo’s where the students are not identifiable; Images that show the back of a student’s head or one body part (such as a hand), or an angle where you can’t see their face, which would be permissible even without the person’s consent, but it is important to us that you are made aware. These pictures can be used for printed publications such as leaflets and brochures, on our website and in social media forums such as Instagram, Linked In and Facebook.
Consent required; With your consent, and only with your written consent, we may take and use photographs of our students where the students are recognisable such as a group photo or a student working with her tutor. These pictures can be used for printed publications such as leaflets and brochures, on our website and in social media forums such as Instagram, Linked In and Facebook.
At your initial meeting you will have been asked to sign your consent form.